Camu Camu is the lemon-sized colorful fruit that grows in the low growing shrubs of the Amazon Rainforests, including countries such as Peru and Brazil. The fruit could be available in a variety of colors ranging from orange to purplish and green, but has a yellowish, succulent pulp.
The Camu Camu fruit has been prominent in local use for the preparation of various delicacies including tarts and squashes, but it has drawn the attention of researchers all over the world due to its invigorating medicinal properties.
Camu Camu has various astringent, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and nutritive benefits. Due to this the liquid extract from the fruit, better known as organic Camu Camu Juice has occupied a prominent place in the remedial industries.
Some of the astonishing nutrients that are present in the Camu Camu juice are as follows:
· Vitamin C: Camu Camu Juice has a mammoth content of Vitamin C in it, which is almost 60 times more as compared to orange juice. This is helpful in providing more than the stipulated content of Vitamin C in the body, which has various helpful effects to bones, teeth and many other parts of the body.
· Potassium: Potassium is an essential trace mineral for the body and most importantly for organs such as the heart and kidneys. Camu Camu fruit is a good provider of potassium and 100 gram content from the fruit could offer as much as 71.1 mg of potassium.
· Valine: Valine is an essential amino acid that is highly beneficial for the functioning of human nervous system and it also prevents muscle breakdown in the body. Camu Camu Juice is one of the easiest and the richest sources of the amino acid Valine.
· Leucine and Serine: These are also the efficient amino acids that are found in Camu Camu juice. While leucine is imperative for growth and repair of muscles and bones and production of growth hormones, serine is helpful in the breakdown of proteins and polypeptides to be easily used by the body.
· Flavonoids: Flavonoids are the essential plant-based antioxidants that render various kinds of colors to the fruits and veggies. These antioxidants perform the crucial function of neutralizing the attack of harmful free radicals in the human body.
· Gallic Acid: Gallic Acid is a very helpful anti-fungal and anti-viral compound that resides in the Camu Camu juice. This effective chemical is also said to possess various antioxidant properties within it.
· Ellagic Acid: Ellagic Acid is another helpful antioxidant compound that is found in Camu Camu juice. It is said to prevent various cancerous cells from propagating in the body, while it has some anti-diabetes properties as well.
Apart from all these, various helpful minerals and vitamins also make up the astonishing content of healthy Camu Camu juice to offer benefits to the human body.
Caution With Camu Camu Juice:
Camu Camu Juice could cause interference with the chemotherapy medications, if you take any. Therefore, kindly consult your doctor if you take any kind of health supplements or medications for the usage of Camu Camu juice simultaneously.